Michael Jordan Shoes
by Joel Jacobson
Want to be like Mike? Get a pair of Michael Jordan Shoes
Okay, so no one can be like Michael Jordan, arguably the best player to ever play the game of basketball. However, you can pretend to be like Mike by wearing one of his famous pairs of Michael Jordan shoes.
Michael Jordan shoes, more commonly known as Air Jordans, have been around since 1985. It has consistently been one of the best selling basketball shoes since their inception. Michael Jordan would wear a brand new pair of Michael Jordan shoes each and every game. He wore some big ones, too. Size thirteen!
Michael Jordan shoes get a lot of inspiration from the man himself, Michael Jordan. The shoes try and take into account his style, his hobbies, and his cars, taste in clothing, and of course, his basketball. Many Michael Jordan shoes have taken design cues from the automobile industry. The design for the new Air Jordan XX has taken inspirations from Michael Jordan’s life and career, and his current love for motorcycles.
Recently, the new Michael Jordan shoe, the Air Jordan XX came out in stores and retails in stores for around $175. It features a full grain leather and Nubuck upper with detail laser etching at the mid-foot to celebrate the history of Air Jordan footwear. Over the tongue of one of Michael Jordan shoes, the Air Jordan XX is an artistic motif with various symbols which represent different things.
- There’s a black cat which represents the ferocity that Michael Jordan brought to his game. He was known as “black cat” by his friends and opponents.
- A toolbox with the word POPS built into it. Pops, as Michael’s father was known, could repair just about anything.
- A whistle formed from the letters CPY in honor of Clifton “Pop” Herring, Michael Jordan’s high school basketball coach.
- A six fingered hand representing Michael’s six championship rings.
- Home plate of when he played minor league baseball with the Birmingham Barons. On the plate it has 3 home runs, 51 RBI’s, and 30 stolen bases.
Michael Jordan shoes say a lot about Michael Jordan as an athlete, but he is also a great human being off the court as well. In 1994 he started the James R. Jordan Boys and Girls Club and family Life Center, named after his father. It’s located in Chicago, Illinois, and every day 1,000 people come through the center’s doors. It’s a good way to keep people off the street and out of harm’s way.
Michael Jordan shoes are a tribute to his tenacity as a basketball player and as a businessman. Air Jordan’s have been around for twenty years, and they still have a great following of fans and players alike.
More Shoes Reviews and Guide
More articles by Joel Jacobson