Online Photo Sharing
by Steve Theunissen
There was a time, not too long ago, when photographs were things you snapped while on holiday. The film usually sat on top of the refrigerator for two or three weeks before making its way to the processor. You’d wince at the sight of yourself once you got the pictures back, then shove them in a cupboard drawer to be thankfully forgotten. Of course that was before Mr. Gates got us all online.
Now we’re in the era of online photo sharing and those embarrassingly unflattering shots at the beach can be made available to the whole wide world.
Online photo sharing is a process whereby people with images to share can upload their photographs to a host website. Images are grouped in categories to suit every passion. Yes, folks – thanks to online photo sharing no one is safe from the horrors of having their worst hair day exposed for the entire universe to gleefully digest.
Is online photo sharing something that you’d enjoy? Then follow these simple steps to becoming an online photo sharing aficionado:
- Find an online photo sharing site that you would like to work with. You’ll want to work with a site that guarantees no spam, no advertising, a hassle free membership and that will only e-mail you if you say it’s ok. They should offer you about 200 megabytes of storage per year, unlimited band-with and access to your images and prompt technical support. Most sites charge around $15.00 per year as a hosting fee.
- Select the photos that you would like to present on your online photo sharing page.
- Arrange your photos into galleries (the online photo sharing site that you select will have pre-set galleries).
- Use the photo doctoring service that reputable online photo sharing hosting sites will provide to touch up your images and remove red eye.
- Add captions and (if room permits) detailed descriptions to your galleries and images so that visitors to your online photo sharing page will be able to get the stories behind the pictures.
- Add keywords so that your images can be easily found by people using the sites search engine to find specific online photo sharing opportunities.
- Resequence your online photo sharing images so that they show in the order you want them to.
- Depending on who you want to have access to your online photo sharing opportunity, make your page public, private or password protected.
- You can now move and change images between online photo sharing gallery pages on the site.
- To reduce the amount of storage space required for your online photo sharing opportunity, reduce or compress the images.
Now you’re all set for online photo sharing madness. To involve your friends and family in your online photo sharing endeavors, just get them to type the url of the host website along with your user id into their browser and they’ll be instantly taken to your online photo sharing gallery. So, what are you waiting for – get into online photo sharing mode – and get ready to cringe!
Articles about Digital Cameras
Famous People Pictures
More Articles by Steve Theunissen