Cat Lover Gift
by Shari Bookstaff
A Great Cat Lover Gift!
So you have a friend, who happens to love cats. And each year, on her birthday, you try to get her the perfect cat lover gift. So, you go to store after store, looking for cat salt-and-pepper shakers, cat figurines, cat oven mitts, and even cat toilet paper!
You try to vary the present for your cat-loving friend, some years looking for domestic cats and sometimes going for something a little wilder. So, sometimes, you get that beautiful decorative plate featuring two cats fighting over a fish bowl. The next year you go for the picture of tigers at the water's edge, with a virtual waterfall in the background. Either of these will make a great cat lover gift.
If you’ve been to every cat lover gift store in town, try shopping online for your next cat lover gift. There are so many online stores with a huge variety of gifts of all kinds! I've always had great luck shopping online. You can find nearly anything, even that great cat lover gift.
Think about it. How many brick and mortar stores can you walk into and find a great cat lover gift? If you find one or two cat lover gifts in a store, you think that's great! Come on, though--what kind of variety is that? There is virtually no choice. It's cat statue A or cat statue B.
And don't forget the value of online auctions in finding that unique cat lover gift. I've had great luck with online auctions, finding brand-new items for much less than any store has to offer. Most of the items that now show up in online auctions are from actual retailers, trying to introduce their store or reduce their inventory. These items will come fully packaged and ready to give as a gift. If you decide to go to an online auction to purchase your cat lover gift, here are a few tips.
- Check out the seller to make sure they are reputable. Look at their feedback ratings.
- If you're not sure if the item is new, or what the quality is, be sure to ask before you bid.
- Look carefully at their shipping policy and prices. You don't want to be surprised later.
- See if you can find your item at an online store. You'll find a great description, and you can see what the item is selling for.
- Make sure you know when bidding ends for your item. If you're not online at the end, you might lose!
- Remember that a bid is a contract--you can't reneg without consequence
- And lastly, don't forget to have fun shopping online for your cat lover gift!
So, try shopping at your favorite brick and mortar stores. You can even try stores with a nature or animal theme. But, for the greatest variety, and to pick out the best and most unique cat lover gift, try shopping online!
More Cat, Pet, and Animal Articles
More articles by Shari Bookstaff